Interstate Concealed Carry

Firearms Safety Training Courses

Blog, FAQs, FYIs

Our blog here at Interstate Concealed Carry is meant to help educate you about our classes and will include such things as FAQs and FYIs. Please feel free to email us with any content you would like to see posted.

view:  full / summary

What states can I carry in if I obtain non-resident pistol permits?

Posted on September 22, 2021 at 10:00 AM

NY Resident with only a non-resident UT CFP: 32 states; Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming. (NOT NEW YORK)

NY Resident with NY LTC & non-resident UT CFP: 34 Sta...

Read Full Post »

Can I carry in NY with a Utah or other state pistol permit?

Posted on September 21, 2021 at 9:05 AM

NO. You cannot carry, possess, or own a handgun (pistol/revolver)  in New York State without being issued a valid “New York State License to Carry Pistol” (NYS LTC) permit by the county that you reside in. This is true as a resident and/or a non-resident of New York State.

New York State does NOT recognize any other states' pistol permit. See our links page for many of the NY counties where you can obtain application information and learn how to apply for a NYS LTC....

Read Full Post »

Why Do I want a Utah Permit?

Posted on September 20, 2021 at 9:00 AM

The Utah Concealed Firearm Permit is one of the most sought-after multi-state permits as its wide acceptance allows the permit-holder to carry a pistol in up to 32 states, while at the same time remaining one of the most inexpensive permits to both acquire and maintain.

For those that do not currently hold a New York pistol permit, the permit from Utah is relatively easy to obtain and shows that you have more training and experience when you apply for the New York permit.

How do I know if I am eligible to obtain the Utah concealed firearm permit?

Posted on November 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Applicant must be at least 21 years of age, and be a US Citizen or US resident alien.

Show proof of good character...whereas the applicant:

has not been convicted of a felony

has not been convicted of any crime of violence

has not been convicted of any offenses involving the unlawful use of narcotics or other controlled substances

has not been convicted of any offense involving the use of alcohol

has not been convicted of any offenses involving moral turpit...

Read Full Post »

What are the Florida Concealed Weapon License Eligibility Requirements?

Posted on November 1, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Florida Eligibility Requirements

Eligibility Requirements:

• You must be 21 years of age or older.

• You must be able to demonstrate competency with a firearm.

• Unless you are serving overseas in the United States Armed Forces, you must currently reside in the United States (US) AND be a US citizen or deemed a lawful permanent resident alien by Department of Homeland Security, US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). If you are serving oversea...

Read Full Post »

Where can I see all of your courses and events?

Posted on October 22, 2013 at 2:35 PM

You can see a full listing of Interstate Concealed Carry's current course offerings and events by following this link:

What should I bring to Class?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 2:30 PM


  • Driver License.
  • Any currently held state pistol permits.
  • DD214 or active military ID (if applicable.)
  • Naturalization documents for US citizens born outside of the USA (if applicable.)
  • A BLACK pen.
  • Course fee(s)


What forms of payment will INTERSTATE CONCEALED CARRY accept?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Cash or local check payment will be accepted at the time of course instruction. We do not accept credit cards.

If you are taking the Utah concealed firearm permit course and you pay by check you will NOT be able to leave with your application that day. Unfortunately, we will need to hold your application until the check payment clears our bank. Once the check has cleared we will mail everything to YOU to send off to Utah. 

What forms of payment will UTAH accept?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM


The Utah Bureau accepts check, money order, VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS and DISCOVER. Credit card payment must include the 3-digit control number on the back of the card.

Name and address must be imprinted on checks (no “counter checks” please). Please make check or money order payable to: Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. There will be a $20 service charge for returned checks. PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL.

What is the cost of the Utah permit?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Effective 1/1/2019 the application fee for the Utah CFP is $63.25 for out of state applicants. The UT CFP is renewable in 5 years and the cost is $25.75 for the renewal.

Do I have to register my firearm when I receive my Utah permit?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM

NO. Firearms are not registered in Utah.

Do I need to have a firearm to take the Utah course?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM

NO. Firearms or ammunition are NOT needed to take the Utah course.

What about my privacy? Can my employer, or anyone else, find out I have a Utah Concealed Carry Permit?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM

NO.  Utah’s Concealed Carry Permit  is NOT PUBLIC INFORMATION.

How long will I have to wait to receive my Utah permit?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Statute allows for up to 60 days to issue but time can vary.

You can typically expect to have received a response from the Utah BCI (issuance, request for more information, denial) within 60 days of the date that YOUR UTAH APPLICATION FEE was processed (cleared your bank account.)

As printed on the instructions page of the Utah CFP Application:


Upon receipt of your completed application packet, we will process your payment, then applications wi...

Read Full Post »

How old must I be to apply for the Utah concealed carry permit?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Utah State Law Requires that applicants be at least 21 years of age. Your class application and credentials are valid for up to one year after the course, so 20 year olds can take the class and wait until their 21st birthday to submit the application.

Do I need to be a Utah resident or have a Utah Driver License?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM

NO. A Utah concealed firearm permit is available to residents from ANY state.

What is included in the Utah course?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Our goal is to make the application process as streamlined as possible for you and so our Utah Concealed Carry Course is ALL-Inclusive.

You will leave with everything necessary to file your application with the Utah BCI including: 

  1. 4 hour Mandatory Utah Training Curriculum - application signed by our Utah BCI Certified Instructor.
  2. Step-by-Step help with completing the application.
  3. Passport Photo taken at our course. 
Read Full Post »

What is covered in the Utah course?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 10:30 AM

The Utah Concealed Carry Permit Course is the mandatory training curriculum required by the state of Utah for anyone who wishes to apply for the Utah Concealed Carry Pistol Permit. The four hour course consists of two sections which cover:

Section 1: 

  • Firearm Safety
  • Firearm Operation 
  • Shooting Fundamentals
  • Safe Firearm Handling
Section 2: 
  • UT Legal Code & Reg...
Read Full Post »

Will I have to shoot a firearm for the Utah class?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM

NO. Range Time firing of a weapon is NOT required for the Utah permit.

How long is the Utah class?

Posted on October 11, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Our Utah Concealed Carry classes are scheduled for a 4 hour time period. Class time can vary depending on the size of the class, number of questions, etc. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the class start time to check-in and settle into your seat.



Utah Course FAQS (19)

New York (1)

Florida (2)